This Week at CMC
- - Sunday School 9:10 am
- - Morning Worship 10:25 am
- - Evenings:
- -7/16 Care Groups
- -7/23 Potluck (5 pm)
- & Evening Service
- - Prayer for Leaders 5:45 pm
- - Prayer for Leaders 6:30 am
- - Elders Meeting 10 am
- - Summer Program 6:45 pm
- - Choir Practice 7:30 pm
- - Elizabeth Stump & Trey Gibson
- Wedding at Waverly Place
- Baptist Church, 4 pm
- Youth Bible Institute
- College/Career Study
- Sunday School Classes
- Home Care Groups
- Man-Up Men's Study
- Women's Bible Study
What is Awana?
The name Awana is an acronym derived from 2 Timothy 2:15: "Approved workmen are not ashamed."
- Awana is a Bible educational program for children
- Meets on most Wednesday nights (see calendar)
- Ranges from ages 3 years old to 5th grade
- All participants must sign in when arriving
- Opening ceremony begins at 6:45PM
- Parents can pick their children up at 8:15PM
Youth Bible Institute
The Youth Bible Institute (YBI) was designed to come along side of parents and support them in their God-given responsibility to “bring [their children] up in the training and admonition of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4).
Our focus in YBI studies are as follows:
- To deepen their knowledge of the Bible
- Provide training/instruction in the Christian faith
- To “always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks […] a reason for the hope that is in [them], with meekness and fear” (1 Peter 3:15)
- Cultivate a Christian worldview in students through Biblical instruction/application of God’s word
The YBI Curriculum topics are as follows:
- Biblical Counseling
- Biblical Interpretation of scripture
- Systematic Theology
- Christian Life and Living
The YBI time frames are as follows:
- Three years in Junior Varsity
- Three years in Varsity
- Every Sunday morning throughout the year
- Wednesday evenings for fall/spring semesters
We also provide students fellowship and service opportunities each month. These events are important in fostering Christian love for others, a heart for service, and the development of Christ-centered relationships.
We are currently studying spiritual gifts
Meeting Time: Every other Friday evening @ 7:30PM
Meeting Place: Clark's Home
We offer Sunday school at 9:10 a.m. for all ages. Here is what we will be studying beginning May 28, 2017:
Children (Age 2 through grade 6)
Books of 1 & 2 Kings, Jonah, Daniel, Ezra, Esther, and Nehemiah
Youth Bible Institute (grades 7-12)
When People Are Big and God Is Small by Ed Welch
Home Care Groups
The Bible is filled with "One Another" commands that are best accomplished in home small groups that foster the following:
- Closer relationship/fellowship
- Personal accountability
- Deeper application of sermon material
- Mutual care, prayer, and friendship
Small "shepherding" groups are a way of accomplishing these biblical mandates while providing an excellent forum for outreach. As a step toward our goal of "Everyone with a Shepherd" from our Vision Statement - we have initiated small shepherding groups called "Care Groups".
All are invited to be involved. Care Groups meet at many locations and you are free to go to any group you please.
Regional Area Locations:
- CMC Fellowship Hall, 12:30 pm
- SE County (rotating locations), 5 pm
- Various Locations, 5:30 pm
- SW County (Colonial Ave. & Electric Rd.), 5:30 pm
- SW County (Brambleton Ave. & Electric Rd.), 6 pm
- NE County (US Rt 460E & Ruritan Rd.), 6 pm
- Botetourt County (US Rt 460E/Cloverdale Rd.), 6 pm
We meet on alternate Sunday evenings around the Roanoke Valley including Salem. Childcare is arranged and shared within each group.
Call the church for details!
Man-Up Men's Discipleship
Men and teen guys get together periodically for breakfast and a time in God's Word
How to Be Good and Angry
We are flawed people in relationships with flawed people, living in a fallen world, but with a faithful God. Christ in us will empower us to increasingly engage our fallen planet with the restorative anger of love, the rescuing anger of mercy, and the advocacy anger of justice. May this DVD and discussion be instrumental in helping us grow in Christ likeness, reflecting His love and His anger at the same time.
May 30th through June 28th
ALL LADIES ARE WELCOME!
--Nursery care provided.
--Children - Trekking through the Solas (Rooms E2 & E3).
--Teens - Counter Culture by David Platt (Youth House).